Thursday, September 18, 2014

50 Cent's Grandmother Beulah Jackson Passes Away

50 Cent’s grandmother Beulah Jackson has passed away, according
to VladTV.
50 has long discussed his grandmother’s impact on his life. In
2012, the rapper spoke with Oprah Winfrey about his love and
connection to his grandmother.
“I love my grandmother and my grandfather,” 50 Cent said at the
time. “It’s a different thing with my grandmother. We’ve always had
a connection. I used to sit there and rub on her feet, even paint on
her toenails and stuff like that…For her, I’ll do that, because her
feet swell up.”
During the interview, 50 also said his grandmother is the woman
who loves him the most.
In her own sit-down with Oprah, Beulah Jackson said she didn’t
play 50’s albums, but that she bought the rapper’s projects to help
his sales. Jackson also said she hadn’t attended his concerts
because there were “too many teenagers” present at shows.
Despite this, she said she liked some of his music when she heard
it on the radio. Jackson added that she raised 50 Cent in a
household that prohibited the use of foul language and that he had
to listen to her and to his teachers.
In June 2014, 50 said his first major purchase went to his
grandmother during a Reddit AMA session . The rapper, who bought
her a car, says it was a very important moment in his life.
“It was important to me because she took care of me when I
couldn't take care of myself," he said at the time.
That same month, in an interview with Hot 97 , the emcee explained
that his grandmother had been ill.
"My grandmother was pretty sick recently," he said. "Her actually
being sick, for me, this is the only person who took care of me."
At the time, 50 said he hoped she would recover fully from the
illness.
In the interview, 50 also added that his grandmother was his soft
spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment